There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Red Wheelbarrow Poetry Prize
Final Judge: Marilyn Chin
Three prizes: $1,000, $500, $250
Five finalists published in 2019 Red Wheelbarrow.
Letterpress broadside of winning poem by Peter Koch, Printer.
The Red Wheelbarrow Poetry Prize 2019 will be open for submissions on March 13, 2019.
Thank you for the opportunity to read your work!
Submit up to three unpublished poems in a single manuscript.
- Each poem must fit onto one 8.5 x 11 inch page;
- Do not include any personal identifiers in the manuscript, manuscript file name, and the title line when submitting;
- Short bio acceptable, not required;
- Deadline to submit: 15 August 2019;
- Simultaneous submission OK but please notify immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- The contest is open to all styles of poetry from national and international participants writing in English except individuals who are relatives, friends, employees, volunteers, board members, donors of funds and/or other goods/services for Red Wheelbarrow, Poetry Center San José and Marilyn Chin.
Red Wheelbarrow Poetry Prize is sponsored by Poetry Center San José and Red Wheelbarrow. For information about Poetry Center San José, visit www.pcsj.org.