There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Red Wheelbarrow Poetry Prize
Final Judge: Naomi Shihab Nye
Five finalists published in 2018 Red Wheelbarrow
Letterpress broadside of winning poem printed by Felicia Rice, Moving Parts Press.
Submit up to three unpublished poems in a single manuscript.
- Each poem must fit onto one 8.5 x 11 inch page;
- Do not include any personal identifiers in the manuscript, manuscript file name, and the title line when submitting;
- Short bio acceptable, not required;
- Deadline to submit: 15 August 2018;
- Simultaneous submission OK but please notify immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- The contest is open to all styles of poetry from national and international participants writing in English except individuals who are relatives, friends, employees, volunteers, board members, donors of funds and/or other goods/services for Red Wheelbarrow, Poetry Center San José and Naomi Shihab Nye.