There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Red Wheelbarrow Poetry Prize
Final Judge: Mark Doty!
Three prizes: $1,000, $500, $250
Five finalists published in 2021 Red Wheelbarrow Literary magazine.
Letterpress broadside of winning poem by Felicia Rice of Moving Parts Press!
The Red Wheelbarrow Poetry Prize 2021 will be open for submissions on April 1, 2021.
Thank you for the opportunity to read your work!
Submit up to three unpublished poems in a single manuscript.
- Each poem must fit onto one 8.5 x 11 inch page;
- Do not include any personal identifiers in the manuscript, manuscript file name, and the title line when submitting;
- Short bio acceptable, not required;
- Deadline to submit: 31 July 2021;
- Simultaneous submission OK but please notify immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- The contest is open to all styles of poetry from national and international participants writing in English except individuals who are employees, board members, donors of funds and/or other goods/services for Red Wheelbarrow Literary Magazine and Poetry Center San José.
Red Wheelbarrow Poetry Prize is sponsored by Poetry Center San José and Red Wheelbarrow Literary Magazine. For information about Poetry Center San José, visit www.pcsj.org.